About Puff Digital Inc.
Puff is a global media brand focused on the cannabis industry. We presently own and operate five publishing websites and have a network of 30+ other publishers. This offers our clients the ability to advertise in a highly restrictive and regulated market. In addition, we offer end to end agency services to our clients helping them go from inception to global player, or from black market to legal entity.
We have a work hard, play hard ethos and our mission is to help normalize cannabis while growing our partner brands in a rapidly evolving industry landscape.
We are hunting for a highly skilled and decorated graphic designer to help us show our audiences engaging, original content and work on client campaigns.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Lead the creative process and a small team of designers and copywriters
- Prepare work to be accomplished by gathering information and materials.
- Plan concepts by studying information, materials and brief.
- Illustrate the concept(s) by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic components.
- Obtain approval of concept by submitting rough layout for approval to manager, ahead of it going to the client for approval.
- Prepare final layout by marking and pasting up finished copy and art.
- Complete projects by coordinating with internal teammates, outside partner agencies and/or clients
- Maintain knowledge of design trends, UX/UI trends and stay up to date with the latest tools for graphic design
- Contribute to the team effort by accomplishing assigned tasks, being proactive in asking teammates if they need help and partaking in company culture.
- Creative visual thinking
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Adaptable and flexible
- Reliable, dependable and efficient
- Able to work well in a team setting
- Excellent time management skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate about advertising and industry trends
- College/Bachelor’s Degree in graphic design, web design, illustration or similar
- 3-5 Years of graphic design/art direction experience (a portfolio is mandatory)
- Excellent technical software knowledge (Adobe suite, Invisionapp, Canva, Google Suite, Microsoft Office, etc.)
- Fluent in the English language (both speaking and writing)
- Legally allowed to work in Canada
Start Date: Immediate
Job Type: Internship with the possibility of full-time, post internship
Job Location: Toronto, ON