About Puff Digital Inc.
Puff is a global media brand focused on the cannabis industry. We presently own and operate five publishing websites and have a network of 30+ other publishers. This offers our clients the ability to advertise in a highly restrictive and regulated market. In addition, we offer end to end agency services to our clients helping them go from inception to global player, or from black market to legal entity.
We have a work hard, play hard ethos and our mission is to help normalize cannabis while growing our partner brands in a rapidly evolving industry landscape.
We are hunting for a hungry photography intern to help us show our audiences engaging, original content and work on client campaigns.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Aid in the planning and production of various content pieces
- Consulting the esthetical aspect of the piece (lighting, mood, type of shots) finding references, creating treatments.
- Consulting the technical aspect of the piece (equipment list, shot list, schedule, VFX) creating lighting diagrams and planning the execution.
- Regularly participate in brainstorming new pieces of content, process efficiencies, etc.
- Act as a photographer, capturing various content pieces
- Setting up the lighting, camera angles, composition
- Executing actual shots (camera operation).
- Executing stabilized moving shots (gimbal operation)
- Produce various pieces of content under tight deadlines
- Editing and post production on various pieces of photographic content (video is a bonus)
- Colour corrections
- Regularly communicate with your superiors on status, timelines, deliverables and feedback
- Creative visual thinking
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Adaptable and flexible
- Reliable and dependable
- Able to work well in a team setting
- Excellent time management skills
- Conceptual and strategic thinking skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate about advertising and industry trends
- College/Bachelor’s Degree in film, art, photography or a similar field
- Previous experience is an asset, however, a portfolio is mandatory
- Excellent technical camera operating skills
- Excellent post-production / editing skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in the English language (both speaking and writing)
Start Date: Immediate
Job Type: Three or six month internship, possibility of full-time, post internship
Job Location: Toronto, ON