About Puff Digital Inc.
Puff is a global media brand focused on the cannabis industry. We presently own and operate five publishing websites and have a network of 30+ other publishers. This offers our clients the ability to advertise in a highly restrictive and regulated market. In addition, we offer end to end agency services to our clients helping them go from inception to global player, or from black market to legal entity.
We have a work hard, play hard ethos and our mission is to help normalize cannabis while growing our partner brands in a rapidly evolving industry landscape.
We are hunting for a highly skilled part-time Software Developer Intern to join our growing team.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Develop site content and graphics by coordinating with other teams
- Design images, icons, banners, audio enhancements, etc
- Update existing websites in HTML, PHP, CSS and WordPress
- Revise, edit & optimize web content
- Set up and maintain e-commerce websites.
- Optimize websites for SEO, performance and analytics.
- Perform code reviews, unit testing, and continuous integration
- Work cross-functionally to enhance overall user experience of the existing platforms
- Own various design tasks involved in the web development life cycle from start to finish
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Adaptable and flexible
- Reliable, dependable and efficient
- Able to work well in a team setting
- Excellent time management skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate about advertising and industry trends
Our Preferred Candidate Has:
- Has completed or is currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree, Diploma or Certificate in Programming, Computer Science, or Engineering
- Proficiency in at least one server-side technology (Java, PHP, NodeJS, Python, Ruby)
- Ability to multitask, organize, and prioritize work
- Familiarity with basic SEO and performance best practices
- Experience with Adobe creative suite (Photoshop)
- Experience with Google Analytics
This position can be completed 100% remotely
Start Date: Flexible
Job Type: Three or six month internship, possibility of full-time, post internship
Applicants are encouraged to include a portfolio for consideration by the hiring managers.
Job Location: Toronto, ON